Michael J. Kerivan, P.E.
LEED AP, CPESC, CPSWQ, LSSD
Project Engineer, Project Manager
Mr. Kerivan graduated from Wentworth Institute of Technology in 1985 with a BS Degree in Civil Engineering Technology. He is a Licensed Professional Civil Engineer in the States of New Hampshire and Massachusetts, and a Licensed Septic System Designer in the State of New Hampshire.
Mr. Kerivan joined Jones & Beach Engineers, Inc. (JBE) in 2009 bringing more than twenty years of experience with him. Given his level of expertise, accuracy and attention to detail, he is an extremely valuable resource. He began his career working with Site and Civil Engineering firms developing site plans and subdivisions. He then worked for the Massachusetts Highway Department, where he gained experience in all aspects of roadway and drainage design on large-scale projects. He left the Massachusetts Highway Department to return to a Site and Civil Engineering firm in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, where he developed site designs, specifications, and cost estimates. He also handled Federal, State, and Local permitting for various public and private projects. His duties included the planning, designing and cost-estimating of building structures and facilities, such as parking areas, water and sewer systems, and drainage facilities, as well as handling environmental permitting.
In an effort to keep-in-step with advances in environmental laws and permitting, Mr. Kerivan became familiar with Green Building practices and became an Accredited Professional within Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED AP). He shares JBE’s mission, the commitment to serve customers and communities, while keeping up-to-date using the latest engineering technologies available.
Mr. Kerivan is a Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control and Stormwater Quality, and a NH Licensed Septic System Designer.
* Nottingham, NH: 28-Lot Subdivision design and permitting ~ Site Designer
* Epping, Seabrook, NH, and Amesbury, MA: CVS Pharmacy ~ Site Design Engineer for all stormwater management and erosion protection
* Londonderry, NH: Lorden Commons – Phase 1 Conservation Subdivision with 50 single-family lots and 3,600 L.F. of roadway (total project 133-lots) ~ Site Design Engineer for drainage, erosion protection and permitting
* Epping, NH: 30,092 S.F. Exeter Hospital Medical Office Building including associated parking with porous pavement, drainage and utilities ~ Site Design Engineer for all stormwater management
* Concord, NH: White Park Improvement Project, included the largest pervious concrete parking lot construction in New Hampshire at the time ~ Project Engineer and Site Designer
* Peterborough, NH: Monadnock Community Hospital Expansion, included 13+ acres of impervious area ~ Project Engineer and Site Designer
* Grantham, NH: South Cove Activity Center, located adjacent to Eastman Lake and included State Environmental permitting and LEED Certification ~ Project Engineer and Site Designer