Jonathan S. Ring, P.E. - President
Mr. Ring became a Licensed Professional Civil Engineer in 1989, and practices in the states of New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts. He obtained an MS Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of New Hampshire in 1985 and a BA in German from UNH in 1976. He is a NH Licensed Septic System Designer.
Mr. Ring was first employed with the Kimball Chase Company in Portsmouth, NH, beginning as Site Design Engineer and quickly becoming a Project Manager of Subdivisions and Site Plans. He specialized in drainage, roadway and site design, with projects ranging from two-lot residential subdivisions to a 350-lot mobile home park with municipal water and sewer. Site Plans included the 200-unit River Woods at Exeter elderly residential community, 100,000 S.F. Rockingham County Court House, and a 371,000 S.F. retail center.
In April of 1996, Mr. Ring joined Jones & Beach Engineers, Inc. (JBE) as Senior Project Engineer, where he performed quality control plan reviews and continued his work as designer and Project Manager of various developments. Communities in which he has worked range from Kennebunkport and Wells, Maine, to Belmont, Concord, Exeter, Peterborough, Manchester, and Salem, NH, and Hyannis, Massachusetts. In 2001, he became an owner of the firm and President.
He is known for attention to detail, communication, teamwork on projects, and public presentation skills. As a six-year member and former chairman of the Exeter Planning Board, he has experienced both sides of the table. He has prepared and served as a professional witness on behalf of the Town of Hampton Falls and several private companies.
He is Chairman of the Exeter Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and a member of ASCE, GSDI, NSPE, NAACP, SAACC, the NH and Rockingham County 4-H Foundations, and the Bahá’í Faith.
* Londonderry, NH: Lorden Commons – Phase 1 Conservation Subdivision with 50 single-family lots and 3,600 L.F. of road (total project 133 lots) ~ Project Manager
* Hampton Falls and Derry, NH: More than 30 Engineering and Plan Reviews of residential subdivisions commercial site plans for Planning Boards.
* Stratham, NH: 150,000 S.F. Cooperative Middle School ~ Project Manager & Site Designer
* Exeter, NH: Exeter Hospital campus including the 60,000 S.F. Synergy Fitness Center, 600 vehicle Parking Garage, and 120,000 S.F. Center for Ambulatory Care and Medical Office Building ~ Project Manager
* Epping, NH: “Epping Crossing”, a 4 lot, 220,000 S.F. of buildings and Industrial Park site with subdivision development off Route 125 ~ Principal-In-Charge
* Exeter, NH: Forest Ridge Open-Space Conservation Subdivision with 59 single-family lots and 36 multifamily units, including 20 units of Workforce Housing, and 10,000 L.F. of road ~ Project Manager
* Exeter, NH: St. Michael Parish Campus with a 15,500 S.F. Church and 9,300 S.F. Parish Center, and accessory structures with porous pavement & low-impact-design (LID) ~ Principal-In-Charge
* Alton, NH: Woodlands Subdivision with 49 units on 21 residential lots and 6,200 L.F. of road ~ Project Manager